Instructions for Authors
Please make sure you have read the following Instructions for Authors before submitting a manuscript.
Instructions for Authors
• Papers must be submitted on the condition and understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
• The submitting author is responsible for ensuring that the article's publication has been approved by all the other co-author(s).
• It is the author(s)' responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
• By submitting an article, the author(s) guarantee that all author(s) agree to the online publication of the article at the BJMC website.
• The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright and retain publishing rights without restrictions.
• Only articles written in English are accepted. Spelling should be US English or British English, but not a mixture.
• Author(s) submitting the revised manuscript need to outline separately the response to the reviewer's comments, including changes introduced to the manuscript.
• BJMC will not edit submitted manuscripts for style or language; reviewers may advise rejection of a manuscript if it is compromised by grammatical errors. Authors are advised to write clearly and simply, and to have their article checked by colleagues before submission.
• There is no explicit limit on the length of articles submitted, but the editors may recommend condensation where appropriate.
Information on review process
All manuscripts are subject to peer review by competent reviewers in the relevant field and are expected to meet standards of academic excellence.
The papers submitted to BJMC will undergo a review process to evaluate the originality and currency of the work and assess its quality and suitability for acceptance to be published in BJMC. The review process is as follows:
1. Each paper will be reviewed by Area Editor within 10 working days after submission.
2. Each paper will be reviewed by at least two independent reviewers.
3. Reviewers will return their review comments within 2 weeks after receiving the paper.
4. Given a reasonable volume of the paper the author will receive a notification along with the review comments within 3 weeks.
5. If the manuscript is accepted only with changes suggested by the reviewers then author(s) will be requested to submit manuscript with corrections required. The Editor reviews the revised manuscript after the changes have been made by the author(s). Once the Editor is satisfied with the final manuscript, the manuscript can be accepted.
6. After the paper is accepted by BJMC the author(s) should submit the camera ready article and pay publishing fee (if foreseen) within a week. For authors affiliated with a co-publisher paper’s publishing is free of charge. Others are invited to consult the Section “Licence and Publication Fee Information.”
Manuscripts submitted to BJMC should be divided into the following sections (in this order):
• Title section
This should list the title of the article and the full names, institutional addresses and email addresses for all authors.
The abstract of the manuscript should not exceed 150 words. Please do not use abbreviations it they are not generally accepted or cite references in the abstract.
Three to ten keywords representing the main content of the article.
• Main text
This should contain the body of the article, and may be broken into sections with short, informative headings.
• List of abbreviations used (if any)
If abbreviations are used in the text they should be defined in the text at first use, and a list of abbreviations can be provided.
Please acknowledge anyone who substantially contributed towards the article. Please also include the source(s) of funding for each author, and for the manuscript preparation. Authors must describe the role of the funding body, if any. Please also acknowledge anyone who contributed materials essential for the study. Authors should obtain permission to acknowledge from all those mentioned in the Acknowledgements section.
The author-year reference system should be used. Detailed rules accepted in BJMC can be found here.
• Authors' information
This section includes any relevant information about the author(s) that may aid the reader's interpretation of the article, and understand the standpoint of the author(s). This may include details about the authors' qualifications, current positions they hold at institutions or societies, or any other relevant background information.
Information about the submission
We are using the Electronic Journal Management System (EJMS) to manage submissions and the whole review process.
You should go through these steps, if you are going to submit a new paper:
1. Please go to EJMS site http://www.e-publications.org/mii/sbs/index.php/BJMC
2. Register to EJMS (selecting Baltic Journal of Modern Computing) if you are not registered for BJMC before.
3. Log into EJMS
4. Submit a new article.
Then later you can track your article’s progress through the editorial process by logging in and choosing the Author's role.
The authors are asked to submit the manuscript in PDF (and in MS Word if possible).
Accepted papers should be submitted camera ready in MS Word or LaTeX along with the corresponding PDF file. Please send these files also by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Here you can find necessary Article templates for MS Word and MS Word 2010, as well as LaTeX class file, template and user guide for them. Submissions that do not confirm to the BJMC templates will be desk rejected without evaluation or reviewing..
If you have any questions, please contact
Managing Co-Editors of Baltic Journal of Modern Computing:
Ēvalds Ikaunieks, University of Latvia, Latvia, email@example.com, tel. +371-26593606
Jolita Bernatavičienė, Vilnius University, Lithuania, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +370-69816603